Friday, October 21, 2011

Kids are eating ... barbequed sausages

The kids like sausages. I like cooking sausages on the barbeque while drinking a beer. It's a win-win situation.

It also makes a weekday feel like a weekend, until I turn around to chat to Sherrie and she's not there. Sigh.

Eating sausages is also a handy way of getting more nitrites into the kids diet. Oh, I’m supposed to be limiting nitrites? 

Of course! That’s why we consume sausages in moderation and in tandem with vegetables high in antioxidants. Mainly carrots and peas, which are the only vegetables the boys will eat a present. 

At least, I hope carrots and peas are high in antioxidants. I'm not going to look it up, as I'm sure someone will.

I never really understood why little kids didn’t like steak, until I saw them trying to chew on a t-bone. 

That’s why we invented sausages – a meat-based product that kids can chew and their dads can barbeque while drinking beer.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you need some antioxidant advice... Thought you might like to balance out your "meaty" meal - "If, you want to have a high antioxidant meal then you could have a nice salad made up up peas, carrots, and lettuce."
    Tips on Antioxidants

    ... but do you believe everything you read on the internet?!?

    Surely a website with a domain name of "wisegeek.com" would tell the truth?

    :-)

    ReplyDelete